Thursday, May 11, 2006
- 09:15 - 10:00: Registration, coffee.
- 10:00 - 10:10: Welcome Address 1: Prof. Roman Viveros-Aguilera, Coordinator (Stats), Department of Mathematics and Statistics, McMaster University.
- 10:10 - 10:20: Welcome Address 2 : Prof. Kathy Bennett, Coordinator (HRM), Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McMaster University.
- 10:20 - 10:45: Xiaomei Yao, McMaster University.
Title: Optimal sample size for testing search strategies for retrieving studies of treatment, diagnosis and pronosis from medline.
- 10:45 - 11:10: Ahmed Hossain, University of Toronto.
A multivariate approach for detecting differential expression in Microarrays.
- 11:10 - 12:10: Keynote Speaker 1: Professor Jerry Lawless, Department of Statistics and Actuarial Science, University of Waterloo.
Title: Success at statistical research: some things you should know.
- 12:10 - 13:50: Lunch 1 at Commons Marketplace.
- 14:00 - 15:00: Keynote Speaker 2: Professor Nancy Reid, Department of Statistics, University of Toronto.
Title: Getting started in research: some personal views.
- 15:00 - 15:25: Wanhua Su, University of Waterloo.
Title: Bayesian LAGO for statistical detection problems.
- 15:25 - 15:50: Alexandru Valentin Asimit, University of Western Ontario.
Title: Extremes on phase-type distributions.
- 15:50 - 16:15: Meng Du, University of Toronto.
Comparison of large-scale multiple testing procedures with two examples of microarrays.
- 16:15 - 16:35: Coffee break.
- 16:35 - 17:00: Maia Lesosky, University of Guelph.
Title: Statistical inverse problem on the euclidean motion group.
- 17:00 - 17:25: Sohee Kang, University of Toronto.
Title: Bayesian semi-parametric Logistic and Poisson.
- 17:25 - 17:50: H. Clara Pong, University of Guelph.
Title: The support vector machines.
- 18:00 — 20:00: Dinner at Commons Marketplace.
Friday, May 12, 2006
- 10:00 - 10:25: Xuan Zhang, McMaster University.
Title: Alternative summary lidices: PLC and ASC for the summary receiver operating characteristic (SROC) curve.
- 10:25 - 10:50: Li Wang, McMaster University.
Title: Leaders and followers in security analysts.
- 10:50 - 11:15: Daniel Gillis & Stephanie Dixon, University of Guelph.
Title: Investigation of the spatial and temporal distribution of waterbrone disease in Southern Alberta.
- 11:15 - 12:15: Keynote Speaker 3: Prof. Judy-Anne Chapman, Department of Community Health and Epidemiology, Queen's University.
Title: Accreditation of professional statisticians by the Statistical Society of Canada for a designation of P.Stat. or A.Stat.
- 12:15 - 13:50: Lunch 2 at Commons Marketplace.
- 14:00 - 14:25: Wei Xiong, University of Guelph.
Title: Modeling and estimation of benchmark dose for binary response data.
- 14:25 - 14:50: Jaerin Cho, Queen's University.
Title: On optimal design in rational regression.
- 14:50 - 15:15: Hyung-Tae Ha, University of Western Ontario.
Title: Percentile approximation via orthogonal polynomials.
- 15:15 - 16:15: Keynote Speaker 4: Prof. Abdel El-Shaarawi, National Water Research Institute, Burlington and McMaster University.
Title: Environmental control and statistics.
- 16:15 - 16:35: Coffee break.
- 16:35 - 17:00: Mahdi Doostparast, Ferdowsi University.
Title: Statistical evidence methodology for model acceptance based on records.
- 17:00 - 17:25: David Han, McMaster University.
Title: Optimal step-stress testing under progressive Type-I censoring.
- 17:25 - 17:50: Binod Neupane, McMaster University.
Title: Effectiveness of short-course combination therapy of cloxacillin with gentamicin for right-sided endocarditis in intravenous drug abusers: a systematic review.
- 17:50 - 18:00: Closing Remarks.
Locations for presentation
All presentations will take place at the Michael DeGroote Centre for Learning & Discovery (Lecture Room 1309), McMaster University.